Saturday, October 1, 2016

#Day1: I had no idea September had 30 days! #UltimateBloggingChallenge

I'm 27 going on 70. So I don't mean the title in a literal sense. I mean, when I woke up this morning I had zero realization that I needed to start writing for 31 days straight. Damn. Not going to be easy, not because of any particular reason, just generally.  Which brings me to my post.

I love plans and I love when plans don't involve people, I idea of a perfect day is my bed, some comfort food and a TV show or book. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy other things but I feel TV shows are the noise in your life you need to drone out the noise of the other stuff. Gives you something other than news. Of course, to each his own, my chosen TV show genre is comedy. Mindless sitcoms. Through this entire month, I'm going to be talking about various TV shows and movies that I've come to love, hate and may be even talk about what I love or hate so much about them.

Since this is an introductory post, I want to start with a show I'm currently watching, Young and hungry(Season 4 of 4). I started binge watching the show last year and I've grown quite fond of the show. One of my major resolution in terms of watching a show is about at least 1 thing that makes me happy, somewhere fits with my basic ideology. Young and Hungry is a fun show that follows the life of Gabi Diamond, the personal chef to a millionaire based out of San Francisco. It is funny, sad and over all has a cute vibe to it.

I wouldn't tell you to sign up for Netflix just for the show, but if you did. You wouldn't be bored. Gabi lives with her best friend who ends up signing up and in a lot of cases fixing Gabi's problems. One of the nicest moments of the show was where Gabi calls their friendship 'the best relationship she's ever had'. It's shows a shade of female friendship in a non group context (re: F.R.I.E.N.D.S OR HIMYM).

If you like good food and great fashion, sign up to watch this show. A silly sitcom also has a decent amount of representation, it's not an all white cast. Korean, African american, Indian, Chinese, so there is a lot of variety of humour as well. Goofy, slapstick, sarcastic and even  some hints of dark humour.



*                                                  *                                                    *                                                 *

I know this isn't exactly the kind of post one would expect, but given how TV and movies are helping shape opinions, it might be helpful to watch and learn. We are not giving enough importance to what one could actually end up learning, especially from a TV show and a non drama TV show at that. It doesn't all have to Breaking Bad or House of Cards for you to sit up and take notice. There is plenty and more to learn and enjoy.

Happy watching. 

1 comment:

  1. Maggie 's got her mojo back and I am doing a happy dance..
    You've cracked a good theme too. I need to break up with HMIYM...I've been watching it's reruns again . Getting all mopey about moseby , me.
    Amyway , TV shows have been an integral part of my adult life... atleast the bit where I had access to TV watching as per my liking .
    Last few years Grey's anatomy was my saviour. Just looking at those incredibly gorgeous people go through so much pain and suffering day in day out. God that made me feel good ;)

    I also loved 'Forever' & 'Unreal' - have you seen them? Currently am watching Queen of South. Will surely try out YAH , sounds fun.

    so you'll be covering TV dramas through oct?

    ReplyDelete

Love it or hate it, please go ahead and say it!